The radical act of Communion

Daily reading: 1 Corinthians 11:17-34
Saturday, September 2, 2017

In his letter to the church in Corinth, Paul reminds us that there is something fundamentally broken and out of alignment in society that goes against the nature of God’s relationship with us and with one another.  When we participate in Communion, it is an act of prophetic proclamation.  It is a moment to proclaim the liberation we find in God through Christ Jesus, it is a moment in enact our fundamental belief that nothing can separate us from the love of God found in Christ Jesus. 


Prayer: God, help me to be mindful of your presence in my life: help me to see your presence in everyone I encounter today.  May my words and actions embody your radical welcome and love for Your creation.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Grace