Bringing life to the passage

Daily reading: Acts 2:1-4
Thursday June 8, 2017

Read the passage and notice what words the Spirit is drawing your attention to …
When Pentecost Day arrived, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound from heaven like the howling of a fierce wind filled the entire house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be individual flames of fire alighting on each one of them. They were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other languages as the Spirit enabled them to speak.

What are the ways that God gets your attention?
Be in prayer that God will continue to fill you with the Holy Spirit today.
Ask God to guide your actions and words so that you are able to hear the gospel in others and speak it as well.


Prayer:  Gentle Spirit, nudge me and comfort the places of me that are broken and hurting.  Gusty Spirit, enliven me, infuse me and awaken me so that  myself centered ways of following ego and pride are knocked over and transformed by the truths of God’s unconditional love and grace.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripture as a guide and not a weapon

Relationship

Faithfulness