The road to Jerusalem

Daily reading: Luke 18:31-19:10
Sunday, April 2, 2017

In the beginning of Jesus’ public ministry, he preaches from Isaiah, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because the Lord, has anointed me.  He has sent me to proclaim good news to the poor, to proclaim release to the prisoners and recovery of sight to the blind, to liberate the oppressed, and to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” Luke 4:18-19
This passage sets the tone for his ministry.  We have seen as we have journeyed through the gospel of Luke that Jesus sets a wide invitation.  He goes beyond the socially acceptable places to seek out the lost and to embody the message of God’s love for everyone. He challenges us to see everyone, especially the lost and forgotten.
Take time today noticing the people in your community.  Spend time in conversation with someone, and take the time to really listen to them.  Listen from a place of wonder and acceptance.

Prayer: God, allow me to be seen.  Help me to let go of what I need to let go of.  Help me to seek your forgiveness and move forward.  Help me to see my family, my friends, my community.  The people I would rather not see and love, the people I have judged unworthy, help me to see them and break my heart so you can put it back together.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Faithfulness

Grace