Seeing

Daily reading: Luke 18:31-19:10
Monday, April 3, 2017

Let’s stretch our definition of seeing beyond just seeing what is in front of us, what our eyes choose to perceive. Try to also think of seeing in terms of understanding. 
We have this funny tendency to say, “I see what you mean.”   So, I want to highlight that this morning and understand seeing in a way where we can envision not just concrete objects but also future possibilities. 
Where we can see the Kingdom of God in a way that it takes root in ourselves and we begin to allow it to grow within us before it is already fully known. 
Re-read the passage, what do you see in it?

Prayer: God, allow me to be seen.  Help me to let go of what I need to let go of.  Help me to seek your forgiveness and move forward.  Help me to see my family, my friends, my community.  The people I would rather not see and love, the people I have judged unworthy, help me to see them and break my heart so you can put it back together.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace