1. Instead of fasting, eat only beans and rice for dinner, once a week. Then donate what you would have spent on a meal for your family to a local food pantry or charity of your choice.
2. Fast from electronics for the evening and have a family night of reading and playing board games.
3. Take a walk in the morning or the evening and be in prayer for your city and your neighborhood.
4. Arrive 10 minutes early to worship on Sunday and be in prayer for your congregation, its mission, the leaders and your pastor.
5. Take time to write a note to a co-worker, friend or family member who is in need of encouragement.
6. Invite a friend to worship and share why your faith in God matters to you.
7. Visit a member of your congregation that is home bound.
8. Take your kids to the park and play with them! (no sitting down and chatting with the other parents the whole time)
9. Make time to read a bible story with your family each night at bedtime story time. If you live alone, take time to read the scriptures before bed, you might decide to "take on" reading a gospel or one of Paul's letters through the Lenten season. Or you can use the bulletin insert with daily devotions and scriptures to guide you.