A Dangerous Road

Background passage: Luke 10:25-42
Daily reading: 2 Corinthians 11:22-27
Friday, March 10, 2017

Focus passage: “I’ve been on many journeys.  I faced dangers from river, robbers, my people, and Gentiles.  I faced dangers in the city, in the desert, on the sea, and from false brothers and sisters. 2 Corinthians 11:26

The road from Jerusalem to Jericho was a well known dangerous road.  When the hearers of Luke 10:25-37 heard that a man went on that road, they would have known that something bad was going to happen.  The foreshadowing happened in the mere mention of the road.
It’s like when we hear that the three little piggies left home to build their own homes.  We know that the Big Bad Wolf is on his way to get them.
Paul reminds us that his journey of faithfulness in spreading the Gospel message took him down dangerous roads also.  Our life of faithfulness is not void of danger.  We are called to step outside of our zones of comfort to share and to help others.
When have you stepped outside your zone of comfort to help someone else?
Seek for ways to help others today.


Prayer: God help me to love you with all of my heart, soul, strength and mind and help me to love my neighbor as I love myself.  Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Faithfulness

Grace