Faithful waiting

Focus passage: Luke 2:22-40
Monday, January 2, 2017

The first thing that strikes me about this passage is the patience that is witnessed in the lives of Simeon and Anna.  We can chalk it up to a more simple time, but I think that does the story somewhat a disservice if we leave it at that.  I think that while technology is wonderful, it has changed the pace at which we make decisions and has blurred the lines of when we are available and when we are not.  We now expect instant answers and have shrunk our discernment time.  
We wait for test results from the doctor, we wait to see if treatments will work, we wait for the news of future possibilities, we wait for our favorite TV show to come on, we wait passively and we wait actively and while the time of waiting might be getting shorter, it only heightens the reality that God’s timing is not our timing.


Prayer: Patient God, help me to allow Your presence to work within me, so that I can grow in faithfulness.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Faithfulness

Grace