Worthy of worship

Daily reading: Daniel 6:6-27
Friday December 2, 2016

This passage begs the questions, what is central in your life?  Who has a rightful claim on your time, attention, allegiance and worship?
Who have you placed in that ultimate position?
What or whom is worthy of your worship?
For Daniel, there is no decision to be made, he worships God and will continue to worship God even if it means he will lose his life.
Daniel turns toward God and in prayer reveals that the fundamental orientation of his life is God.

Prayer: Holy God help me throughout my day to put you first.  May my words, thoughts and actions honor you.  May your abundant hope fill my day and lead me into tomorrow.  Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace