Letting Go

Daily reading: Jeremiah 31:31-34
Sunday November 20, 2016

Focus passage: The time is coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and Judah. Jeremiah 31:31
Today is the last Sunday of our liturgical year, in a way it is our New Year’s Eve. Much like our secular celebration, it is a time to reflect on the past year, to mentally choose what we need to carry with us forward and what we need to forget and leave behind. 
I encourage you to invite God to help you let go of the burdens that no longer need to be thought about, pondered and worried over.  Allow space for forgiveness to enter in.  Allow space for newness to take root.

Prayer: Gracious God, help me to let go of the things that wound me and keep me from fully experiencing your love and grace.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace