Grace

Daily reading: Jeremiah 31:31-34
Friday November 25, 2016

Focus passage: They will no longer need to each other to say. “Know the LORD!” because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD; for I will forgive their wrongdoing and never again remember their sins.  Jeremiah 31:34

Not being able to forget, unable to remember, the people repeat the sins of their fathers and mothers.
And so God does for the people what they are unable to do for themselves.  Rather than enter into an agreement that necessitates their faithfulness, God, in one of the most beautiful passages of scripture says “I will put my Instructions within them and engrave them on their hearts.  I will be their God, and they will be my people.  They will no longer need to teach each other to say, “Know the LORD!” because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD; for I will forgive their wrongdoing and never again remember their sins.”
God forgets.

Prayer: Gracious God, help me to let go of the things that wound me and keep me from fully experiencing your love and grace.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace