Changing perspective

Daily reading: Isaiah 6:1-8
Saturday, November 19, 2016

Focus passage: Then I heard the Lord’s voice saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” I said, “I’m here; send me.” Isaiah 6:8
God showed up in a BIG way in the one place God is sure Isaiah might expect to encounter God, in the temple, changing his perspective and Isaiah responds authentically and from a place of deep honesty. 
God pulled out all the stops to reach Isaiah and the people.  And when Isaiah found himself in a place where he could not ignore the presence of our Holy God, he realized that he was utterly lost.  He realized that he was broken, and so was his community.

Everything that had filled his mind and driven his actions no longer seemed all that important.  God dwarfed the latest headlines and news events and Isaiah is awakened.

We never again hear about the death of King Uzziah after this moment in the book of Isaiah.  Isaiah’s perspective had changed and so had his priorities. 

In that moment Isaiah’s perspective is changed he confessed.  His confession was followed by a baptism by fire, and he was sent to be God’s voice to a people who needed their world turned up-side down.
And in that moment God offers forgiveness and says “whom shall I send, and who will go for us?”

Isaiah without hesitation answers “I’m here send me.”


Prayer:  God of the universe, holy and majestic, help me to recognize your presence in my life today.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace