Changing perspective

Daily reading: Isaiah 6:1-8
Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Focus passage: I said, “Mourn for me, I’m ruined! I am a man with unclean lips, and I live among a people with unclean lips.  Yet I’ve seen the king, the LORD of heavenly forces!” Isaiah 6:5

Isaiah walked into the sanctuary expecting to experience what he always experienced, when he walked into the sanctuary.

Perhaps Isaiah had lost the ability to listen deeply, or perhaps he had so much noise in his head that he just couldn’t hear, we don’t know.  But we can sympathize.  Sometimes it is hard to know what God is calling us to do, because we are being pulled in so many different directions at the same time.  Sometimes it is hard to know what God is calling us to do, because we feel utterly lost and we feel that we have reached a dead end.  Sometimes it is hard to know what God is calling us to do, because it is so hard to let go and move into the unknown future.

So let’s get real, sometimes it is hard to know what God is calling us to do because we have prayed and prayed and haven’t heard anything.
We don’t know what subtle ways God was trying to get a message across to Isaiah in the ordinary moments of his day.  How many times had God called him?  How many times had he not heard? 


Prayer:  God of the universe, holy and majestic, help me to recognize your presence in my life today.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Faithfulness

Grace