A radical do-over

Daily reading: Jeremiahs 31:31-34
Thursday November 24, 2016

Focus passage: They will no longer need each other to say. “Know the LORD!” because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD; for I will forgive their wrongdoing and never again remember their sins.  Jeremiah 31:34

I wonder if what God was witnessing was this massive train wreck and amidst the rubble, God calls a do-over. Like back in the day on the playground during a four square match, the serve goes out of bounds and you yell do-over and it’s as if you never threw the ball.
Israel’s problem is that they are stuck in patterns that are unhealthy.
Where in your life do you need a do-over?  Pray for God to offer you guidance in that situation.

Prayer: Gracious God, help me to let go of the things that wound me and keep me from fully experiencing your love and grace.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripture as a guide and not a weapon

Relationship

Faithfulness