Praying for forgiveness

Daily reading: Luke 11:2-4
Sunday September 4, 2016

Focus passage: Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who has wronged us.  And don’t lead us into temptation.  Luke 11:4

Why, out of all of the things we could pray for, would Jesus teach us to pray to live into forgiveness?
Forgiveness and living in right relationship with ourselves in relation to God and to our neighbors are essential components of a faithful life.  Our denomination’s slogan states that we are a movement for wholeness in a fragmented world. 
We collectively recognize that there are abundant opportunities to practice forgiveness, because our world is fragmented. 

Prayer: God, help me to practice forgiveness today, help me to forgive myself and others.  Lead me down a good path today and help me to make good choices that honor you.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace