Faithfulness

Daily reading: Job 42:1-6
Sunday August 7, 2016

Focus passage: My ears had heard about you, but now my eyes have seen you.  Therefore, I relent and find comfort on dust and ashes.  Job 42:5-6

While on vacation, I had the pleasure of finally meeting one of my neighbors.  My kids and husband had met him probably about a year ago, but I was always away from the house when they had their conversations over the fence that our yards share.

He asked what I do for a living and our conversation blossomed.  What was intended to be a quick question at our front door ended up with a conversation around our dinner table.  He really wanted to hear what I thought about the life of the church in this era of what seems like a mass exodus from faith communities.  I won’t go into the details of our conversation, but will highlight a common theme.  Laced throughout the conversation was the theme of why faith and faithfulness is important and how we live our faith is vital not only for ourselves but for our community.

Take time today to explore with someone else why faithfulness is important to you and learn from them why it is important to them.


Prayer:  God of the suffering Christ, I praise you for you have never abandoned me.  Your faithfulness is beyond comprehension.  Help me to accept my current reality and find your loving presence in the now.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Grace

The Lost: A story about the older son