Job responds

Daily reading: Job 1:1-22
Thursday July 7, 2016

Focus passage:  Job arose, tore his clothes, shaved his head, fell to the ground, and worshipped. Job 1:21

What we find in the first chapter is that Job doesn’t only pray when his world has literally fallen apart.  His relationship with God is ongoing, even when everything is going well, he prays.  He prays for his family and he prays to draw closer to God.


Prayer:  God you are Holy and worthy to be praised, I lift up and name the areas in my life where I am experiencing suffering … I lift up and name the areas in the life of my family and community where there is suffering … I lift up and name the places in our world where there is suffering … help us to find your peace and comfort.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Grace

The Lost: A story about the older son