Don't give up on one another

Daily reading: 2 Corinthians 2:1-10
Saturday June 4, 2016

Focus passage: If you forgive anyone for anything, I do too.  And whatever I’ve forgiven (if I’ve forgiven anything), I did it for you in the presence of Christ. 2 Corinthians 2:10

Forgiveness means that we don’t give up on one another.
Listen again to Paul’s words, “Now is the time to forgive this man and help him back on his feet. If all you do is pour on the guilt, you could very well drown him in it. My counsel now is to pour on the love.

9-11 The focus of my letter wasn’t on punishing the offender but on getting you to take responsibility for the health of the church. So if you forgive him, I forgive him. Don’t think I’m carrying around a list of personal grudges. The fact is that I’m joining in with your forgiveness, as Christ is with us, guiding us.”
Now is the time to pour on love otherwise you might drown him in guilt.

Pour on love.


Prayer:  God help me to embrace forgiveness for myself and for others.  Be known in the mending of my brokenness and in the broken relationships in my life.  Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace