The ethic of love



Daily reading: 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
Tuesday May 3, 2016

Focus passage: If I have the gift of prophecy and I know all the mysteries of everything else, and if I have such complete faith that I can move mountains but I don’t have love, I’m nothing.  1 Corinthians 13:2

Paul invites the faith community in Corinth to embody the ethic of love.  While we might romanticize the word and wait for love to come, Paul insists that we live it out, even when we don’t feel like loving our neighbor, we are still called to, because ultimately love is the greatest gift that has been given to us by God.

Prayer:  God be the word of love in my actions today, God be the word of love in what I see today, God be the word of love in my words today, God may I live your amazing love today.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace