Stories of triumph



Daily reading: 1 Corinthians 15:1-26, 51-57
Monday May 9, 2016

Focus passage: I am what I am by God’s grace, and God’s grace hasn’t been for nothing.  In fact, I have worked harder than all the others – that is, it wasn’t me but the grace of God that is with me. 1 Corinthians 15:10

Paul’s life story is one of triumph; despite great odds he was able to spread the Good News of Jesus.  He didn’t even allow the fear of imprisonment keep him from speaking resurrection and acting upon the power of that message.

Take time to think of a story of triumph in your own life.  When have you pushed through something really hard and come out on the other side stronger in your faith?  Now that you have named the story, find a way to allow that story to fuel your day.

Prayer:  God you conquer all of our fears, help me to live fully today free from the things that bring me down and rob me of joy.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Those who walk in darkness