Naming your fears



Daily reading: 1 Corinthians 15:1-26, 51-57
Sunday May 8, 2016

Focus passage: Brothers and sisters, I want to call your attention to the good news that I preach to you, which you also received and in which you stand. 1 Corinthians 15:1

Take a moment and name the things that you fear. 
Throughout the bible, we hear angels speak to humans, “do not fear.”  Paul’s conclusion in his first letter to the community in Corinth is a giant message of “do not fear.”  It is set within the context of a conversation about the resurrection of Jesus and how that gift of salvation is offered to us all.  

Death has been conquered by Christ.  We no longer need to fear anything!

Prayer:  God you conquer all of our fears, help me to live fully today free from the things that bring me down and rob me of joy.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Faithfulness

Grace