Love



Daily reading: 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
Monday May 2, 2016

Focus passage: If I speak in tongues of human beings and of angels but I don’t have love, I’m a clanging gong or a clashing cymbal.  1 Corinthians 13:1

I simply love this passage of scripture.  I have it framed in my house; the words are even written in the form of a heart.  It was read at my wedding ceremony and is often the scripture of choice, but Paul did not write the words to a couple on the verge of becoming a family unit, no he wrote it to the congregation in Corinth: a congregation ripe with conflict. 
Yet the words are fitting as well for a marriage, because conflicts will come, disagreements will strain the delicate fibers of the union, harsh words and flared tempers will test the endurance each has for the other and what they have carefully built together. 
Much like a congregation, marriages too need love.
Take time today to contemplate love.  Let the words of Paul filter into your day, choose love when the day gets hard or challenging.
Prayer:  God be the word of love in my actions today, God be the word of love in what I see today, God be the word of love in my words today, God may I live your amazing love today.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Those who walk in darkness