Community

Daily reading: 2 Corinthians 1:1-11
Friday May 27, 2016

Focus passage: Our hope for you is certain, because we know that as you are partners in suffering so also you are partners in comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:7

The healing salve that God offers to us is found in community.  In Greek the word is koinonia.  In koinonia together we share in each other’s suffering and celebrate each other’s joy.
Because we often fail to turn to one another and to God, Paul reminds us that we will find comfort and consolation with God in community.

Prayer: God help me to fully know today that you are present in my life and in the lives of those I love, in the lives of those I struggle to love, and in the mended parts of my life (and community) and in the fragmented parts of my life (and community). Amen.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Those who walk in darkness