Abundant Consolation

Daily reading: 2 Corinthians 1:1-11
Tuesday May 24, 2016

Focus passage: Our hope for you is certain, because we know that as you are partners in suffering so also you are partners in comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:7
When we suffer, Paul assures us that Christ is with us and that gives us abundant consolation and grace but it also pulls us out of our own suffering so we are united in the suffering of Christ.  Which then has a ripple effect.  When we are aware that we are not alone in our suffering we become more aware of the suffering around us and are able to use our own journey to inform how we reach out to others who are suffering.
The abundant gift of Christ’s consolation and comfort then overflows from us into the lives of others.  

Prayer: God help me to fully know today that you are present in my life and in the lives of those I love, in the lives of those I struggle to love, and in the mended parts of my life (and community) and in the fragmented parts of my life (and community). Amen.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Grace

The Lost: A story about the older son