Welcome



Daily reading: Acts 3:1-10
Sunday April 10, 2016

Focus passage: Meanwhile, a man crippled since birth was being carried in.  Every day, people would place him at the temple gate known as the Beautiful Gate so he could ask for money from those entering the temple.  Acts 3:2

Not unlike the first century, we live in a world where we know that there are places we are welcomed and there are places where we are not welcomed.  It happens in moments when we are denied access to a place, or when the reception we receive is less than ideal and we know by the community’s body language and words that our presence is not welcomed.  

There are also places where we are overwhelmed by the welcome we receive when we enter, where we know we are accepted for who we are and that our place in the community is valued.

So I want for us to take a moment and think of a time when you felt welcomed somewhere.  How did you know that you were welcomed?  When have you found your voice, your gifts, and your culture appreciated and valued?

How do you practice hospitality for those you welcome in?

Prayer:  God help me to see those on the margins and welcome them in.  God for those time when I am placed on the margins give me the strength to claim my space within the community that has placed me outside, may I exhibit grace and love for those who do not see me.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripture as a guide and not a weapon

Relationship

Faithfulness