Tangible



Daily reading: Acts 3:1-10
Friday April 15, 2016

Focus passage: All the people saw him walking and praising God. Acts 3:9

This healing becomes a tangible moment, where we can see what it means to live into resurrection.  Those who are on the margins of society, those who have been cast aside, are healed within the ebb and flow of community life and ultimately are brought into the community. 
Healing then happens in a variety of ways.  Not just in the physical healing of the man who has lived his whole life on the margins, it also happens when he is finally allowed entrance and those in the community have to change the way they see him, the way they treat him, no longer is relegated as an outcast deserving of their charity, he now is part of the worshiping community, invited in by those who restored him.

Prayer:  God, help me to see those on the margins and welcome them in.  God, for those times when I am placed on the margins, give me the strength to claim my space within the community that has placed me outside, may I exhibit grace and love for those who do not see me.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace