Sharing the story of resurrection



Daily reading: Acts 17:1-9
Sunday April 17, 2016

Focus passage: Through his interpretation of the scriptures, he demonstrated that the Christ had to suffer and rise from the dead.  He declared, “This Jesus whom I proclaim to you is the Christ.” Acts 17:3

The religious landscape of our country is shifting; we have come some distance from the days of Blue Laws when no shops were open on Sunday mornings.  And it is more than that, when I was a kid out of my group of friends only two were not part of a congregation.  Contrast to my daughter Eva, where she and one other friend are the only ones that are part of a congregation.
We are far from the age of assuming that our neighbors, co-workers or friends are followers of Christ.  We are also far from the age of where we can keep our faith quiet and just hope that others will have a desire to come and be part of our community because they are seeking for something more than spirituality. 

We are called like Paul and the early followers of Christ, to share the story of our faith with others.

Prayer:  God help me to share my faith story with others.  Help me to find the words that will speak to others.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace