Stay Alert



Daily reading: Mark 13:1-8, 24-37
Saturday March 19, 2016

Focus passage: “What I say to you, I say to all:  Stay alert!” Mark 13:37

I am really drawn to passages of scripture that speak about sleeping and being awake or alert.  I see in each spiritual practice that we embark upon a desire to be awakened in a way that will help us to grow in our love for God and for neighbor.

We are drawing to the end of our Lenten journey, has the spiritual practice of giving something up, or of adding something new awoken you to new insights about God?

Be alert, Jesus invites us, so we don’t miss the presence of God in our everyday moments.

Prayer:  God in the uncertainty of tomorrow, help me to be alert today of your presence, instill within me faithfulness.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Those who walk in darkness