Crazy Love



Daily reading: Mark 12:1-12
Friday March 4, 2016

Focus passage: Now the landowner had one son whom he loved dearly.  He sent him last, thinking, They will respect my son.  Mark 12:6

The land owner keeps sending servants thinking that there will be a different result.  You all know the definition of being crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, right?

So in this repeated action of sending and either having a beaten servant come back empty handed or being killed, he decides to send his son! 
Who would do this?  Who would risk everything in order to be in right relationship with the tenants?  Who would do anything, even the unthinkable to get through to them?  It’s crazy.

It reminds me of the persistence, reckless love of God that will go to any length to help mend what is broken within us and in our community.
To what lengths will God go to move us forward?  To grace us with so many gifts and then remind us that we are called to share them?

Prayer:  Holy God, thank you for never giving up on me.  Help me to be a good steward of all that you have given to me.  May my words and my actions be fruitful in my community.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripture as a guide and not a weapon

Relationship

Faithfulness