Who is Jesus?



Daily reading: Mark 8:27-9:13
Sunday February 7, 2016

Focus passage: On the way he asked the disciples, “Who do people say that I am?”  They told him, “Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, and still others one of the prophets.”  He asked them, “And what about you?  Who do you say that I am?” Mark 8:27b-29a

In the first 8 chapters of Mark’s gospel we are able to piece together the answer to the question, who is Jesus.
He is the one that feeds the hungry on a huge scale.
He is the one who heals the sick.
He is the one who the sea and winds obey.
He is the one who restores life.
He is the one who brings people on the margins back in.
He is the one who welcomes in those who are on the outside.
He is the one who invites us to change our hearts and lives.

It all culminates in chapter 8 when Jesus directly asking the disciples, “Who do people say that I am?”  Peter responds, “You are the Christ.”

Who do you say that Jesus is?

Prayer:  Gracious God help me to experience the presence of Christ in this moment and in every moment today.  Open my eyes and my ears to what is happening around me.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripture as a guide and not a weapon

Relationship

Faithfulness