God loves everyone



Daily reading: Mark 10:17-31
Friday February 19, 2016

Focus passage: Jesus looked at him carefully and loved him.  He said, “You are lacking one thing.  Go, sell what you own, and give the money to the poor.  Then you will have treasure in heaven.  And come, follow me.” Mark 10:21

The foundation of the commandments is God’s love for everyone.  It permeates them all.  

When we say that God loves the whole world we are not just offering up a catchy phrase, we are not just sharing an abstract concept or a nice sentiment, no we are offering up an invitation for transformation.
If God loves the whole world, then how am I to respond?

If God loves the whole world and we welcome everyone into our community then it means that I have to be willing to change in order to make room for those in the community that are different than me.
If God loves the whole world then I have to be willing to radically welcome and love and accept people in the way that they show up.  

If God loves the whole world then it means that not everyone will be like me and that is okay.

Prayer:  God help me to let go of the situations and possessions that keep me from fully embracing and loving you and my neighbor.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripture as a guide and not a weapon

Relationship

Faithfulness