You are my Son



Daily reading: Mark 1:1-20
Wednesday January 13, 2o16

Focus passage: And there was a voice from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I dearly love; in you I find happiness.” Mark 1:11

This is the birth story of Mark’s gospel.  Did you notice there is no mention of Mary or Joseph, there is no long journey, no mention of no room in the inn or of wandering wise men.  Mark, the oldest of all gospels, introduces Jesus to us in the baptismal waters and it is here that God says “You are my Son, whom I dearly love, in you I find happiness.”

We join the body of Christ, the Christian community in the baptismal waters.  It is a holy space that brings us both comfort and challenge.  To set our eyes on Christ means that we will need constant reminders, constant help and constant prayer to stay on the path.

Prayer: God help me to realize your presence in my life.  May I respond by setting myself on the path to follow you.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Grace

The Lost: A story about the older son