God's timing



Daily reading: Mark 5:21-43
Thursday January 28, 2016

Focus passage: At that very moment, Jesus recognized that power had gone out from him.  He turned around in the crowd and said, “Who touched my clothes?” Mark 5:30

On the way to Jairus’ home Jesus stops and we might miss what is happening if we are focusing on the time that is so quickly passing
along with the life of the little girl.  Jesus stops to remind us that God through Jesus has come to save us all everyone; even the unnamed woman who has been bleeding for 12 years deserves Jesus’ attention just as much as the little girl does.  Jesus stops and our reaction to the stopping says much about how we think God works in our world. 

Prayer: God help me to believe when it is near impossible to believe.  For the situations in my life where I can’t see a way around or forward, give me vision.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace