Believing through fear



Daily reading: Mark 5:21-43
Tuesday January 26, 2016

Focus passage: Jairus, one of the synagogue leaders, came forward.  When we saw Jesus he fell at his feet and pleased with him, “My daughter is about to die.  Please, come and place your hands on her so that she can be healed and live.” Mark 5:22-23


There are moments in our life when we desperately want/need God to come in and rescue us.  I have to imagine that Jairus was in this desperate state of grasping at any option that doesn’t end with death.  

So when Jairus comes to Jesus and begs Jesus repeatedly
to see his dying daughter, he had to have had a glimmer of hope that Jesus might be able to do something.

Even in the face of death, we believe that God can do something extraordinary.  In the face of death, God breathes resurrection.

Prayer: God help me to believe when it is near impossible to believe.  For the situations in my life where I can’t see a way around or forward, give me vision.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace