Let the season begin!



Daily reading: Isaiah 11:1-9
Friday November 27, 2015

Focus passage: A shoot will grow up from the stump of Jesse; a branch will sprout from his roots.  Isaiah 11:1

It is finally upon us … Advent.  This is one of my favorite church seasons.  It begins with recognition that God is able to bring life into the dead spaces of our own lives.  God is able to find a way when we cannot see a way forward.  

Advent is a time of faithful preparation that draws into a time of waiting.  I know I don’t like waiting, but have come to find the power in having to wait; it helps me to grow in my dependence upon God.  It helps me to re-prioritize my life.  It puts things into perspective.  

Advent begins on Sunday and runs right up to Christmas Eve.  Take time this season of preparation to join with countless other Christians as we prepare for God to be born in a new way among us.

Prayer:  God infuse me with your love so that my words and actions can be a reflection of your deep love for all of humanity.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace