A relational God



Daily reading: Hosea 11:1-9
Sunday November 15, 2015

Focus passage: When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son. Hosea 11:1

In chapter 11 of Hosea we get the image of a relational God.  And I say that with intention.  A relational God knows deeply that in order to love someone you have to open your heart up to the possibility of it being broken.

When God offers us free will, God realizes that one of the choices we may take is not to follow God’s lead.  We can choose to follow God or follow something else.

The amazing thing is that God never gives up on us.  God is always willing to love us deeply despite of our lack of faithfulness.

Prayer: God help me to place you more fully in the center of my life.  Help me to be filled with your deep abiding steadfast love and care.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Grace

The Lost: A story about the older son