Blessing by Pastor Leslie
Daily reading: Genesis 12:1-4
Saturday October 3, 2015

Focus passage: I will make of you a great nation and will bless you.  I will make your name respected, and you will be a blessing. Genesis 12:2

When God sends Abram and his wife out on this unexpected journey God promises to be present with them along the way.

I like to think of blessing as a moment when we know that God is present in our lives.  

We are blessed even when life is hard and heart breaking if we can feel the comfort and peace of God in those dark moments.

When do you notice God’s presence in your life?

Take a moment to write them down and invite someone you know to think about their blessings also.  Take time to share your list with someone else either in a conversation or at meal time.

Prayer: God help me to begin from a place of deep gratitude.   May that gratefulness permeate me and fill me to the brim so I am overflowing with joy.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Those who walk in darkness