Insight




Background passage: Ruth 2:18-23
Daily reading: Ruth 2:18-23
Friday October 23, 2015

Focus passage: Ruth the Moabite replied, “Furthermore, he said to me, ‘Stay with my workers until they’ve finished all of my harvest.’” Ruth 2:21

It never ceases to amaze me when I encounter someone who truly believes that women are less than men; that we are somehow incapable of being equal in the eyes of God.

There are of course many ways to read the story of Ruth, it is 1,000s of years old and so there is much to unpack in terms of understanding the cultural norms of the audience for which it was originally told.  What I see in this passage is great insight in the character of Boaz.  He sees Ruth as an equal.  He notices her working and sees that she is capable of working in the fields.  

The loving kindness of God is shown in their exchange.

What insights do you draw from this passage?  

How do you express the inherent value that God has placed in everyone in your community of faith?  Talk with someone today about this and/or share a comment.

Prayer: God of loving kindness help me to find a way through my day where I am aware of your presence all around.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripture as a guide and not a weapon

Relationship

Faithfulness