What Is God Calling Me to Do?



Daily reading: Genesis 12:1-4
Sunday September 27, 2015

Focus passage: The LORD said to Abram, “Leave your land, your family, and your father’s household for the land that I will show you.  Genesis 12:1
In this passage it is pretty clear what God wants Abram to do.  God wants him to get up and go, to leave everything that is familiar, everything that allows him to feel comfortable and as an insider and go.  The only thing then that he has to hold onto is his faith in God and the promise for a hope-filled future.

As followers of Christ we need to ever be aware of that God is calling us out.  Following Christ implies movement.

Our movement should be based in a deep gratitude for what God has given us.  When we examine those gifts/strengths/bounty that we have in our lives the question then arises what am I to do with my gifts/strengths/bounty in my life?

How can I turn my gratitude and bounty into an offering to others that will bring them joy?

Take time to consider what you are grateful for.  

Where is there bounty in your life?

Pray for God to help you see a way to give an offering to your community.

Prayer: God help me to begin from a place of deep gratitude.   May that gratefulness permeate me and fill me to the brim so I am overflowing with joy.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Faithfulness

Grace