Hope



Background passage: Luke 10:25-37
Daily reading: Luke 1:67-79
Saturday, August 29, 2015

Focus passage: “Because of our God’s deep compassion, the dawn from heaven will break upon us, to give light to those who are sitting in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide us on the path of peace.” Luke 1:78-79

Have you ever been without hope?

It is a heartbreaking experience.  To believe deep within that there is no hope, like Zechariah says, it is like sitting in darkness.  I liken that to deep darkness where we cannot rely on our own vision to find a way out.  Where we cannot see how close others might be to us.  When we feel like there is no way forward.

I believe we are meant to relate to the injured man on the side of the road in the parable of the Good Samaritan, because we have all been there in one form or another.  Maybe it happened on the play ground when you got shoved down, or maybe in the locker room when someone insulted you with words, or maybe like my parents it happened at gun point in a parking lot.  We have all been beaten down in one way or another.

In our moment of hopelessness we are to seek for God’s presence.  To find a way forward that might be very unexpected.

Take time to think of a time when hope was restored in your life.

Prayer: God help me to love you with all of my heart, soul, strength and mind and help me to love my neighbor as I love myself.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripture as a guide and not a weapon

Relationship

Faithfulness