Caution



Daily reading: Isaiah 6:1-8
August 5, 2015

Focus passage:  Then I heard the Lord’s voice saying, “Whom should I send, and who will go for us?”  I said, “I’m here; send me.” Isaiah 6:8

Isaiah’s day was probably pretty ordinary before he entered into the temple and encountered God.  Perhaps Isaiah believed he would always encounter God in the same way, in a safe place that he had come to believe he controlled.

I recently heard a pastor share that if we go to church for us, then that is what we will get, if we go to church for God then God is what we will get. 

You see we may at times find ourselves in a rut, we may be spinning our wheels believing that life will always be the way it is.  We may come to worship not expecting much to change in our lives. 

Yet Isaiah reminds us that God does come to us and does show us something new and exciting.  God has something greater in store for us than we can imagine.

Prayer:  God reveal yourself to me today.  May I be ready for you to show up in the unexpected.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace