Thirsting for God



Daily reading: Psalm 63
July 30, 2015

Focus scripture: O God, you are my God, I seek you, my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. Psalm 63:1

Living the desert I can imagine being a land where there is no water. 
In preparation for my pilgrimage hike in Scotland my family took many hikes into the desert.  We walked past many dry river beds.  I imagined what it would look like to have water coursing down the beds, splashing against the rocks.

We always take water with us.  It is a great necessity.

As we walked we noticed how all of the native plants have protection in the form of spikes, thorns and needles to keep predators from accessing their storehouse of water.

In the desert preservation is key.  Yet the psalmist speaks of being somewhere where there isn’t water.  He seeks God and thirsts for God.
Take time today to be in prayer with God.  Spend time reading Psalm 63.   Write down the times in your life when you have felt the life giving water of God in your life (God’s presence).

Prayer:  God I seek you, fill me today with your presence.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace