The fruit of the Spirit is Joy



Daily reading: Galatians 5:22-24
July 8, 2015

Focus scriptures: You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever. Psalm 16:11

My brothers and sisters, think of the various tests you encounter as occasions for joy.  James1:2
           
Joy is more than happiness.  Happiness comes when life is going in the way we had anticipated in a good way.  Joy is something that is present even when life is hard and difficult. 

Joy comes from a deep trust that God is present in our lives even when we are struggling and facing difficulties.  It is that assurance that lets us know that nothing, absolutely nothing can separate us from the love of God.

Prayer:  God I open myself to your gentle, transforming love that fills me with joy.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripture as a guide and not a weapon

Relationship

Faithfulness