Praying



Daily reading: Romans 8:26-27
July 26, 2015

Focus passage: In the same way, the Spirit comes to help our weakness.  We don’t know what we should pray, but the Spirit itself pleads our case with unexpressed groans. Romans 8:26

I take great comfort in this passage because it reminds me when I am exhausted and emotionally drained that the Spirit will come to me in my weakened state and help me.

As a mom of two kids, I often find myself needing this passage of scripture.  I often am not sure how to deal with the amazingly trying situations I find myself in.

Raising kids isn’t easy.  Being part of a larger family can be trying.  Being in community with diverse perspectives can be challenging at times.

So I take comfort in this passage of scripture because it reminds me that even when I don’t have the words to say to God, the Spirit within me connects with God. 

Even when all I can see are dead ends in front of me, the Spirit softens my heart to see a way around.

Prayer:  In this moment, I am present with you God thank you for being present with me.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Those who walk in darkness