Fortress



Daily reading: Psalm 18:1-3
July 25, 2015

Focus scripture: The LORD is my solid rock, my fortress, my rescuer.  My God is my rock – I take refuge in him! – he’s my shield, my salvation’s strength, my place of safety. Psalm 18:1-2

The Scottish and English country sides are dotted with castles.  When looking upon them I am reminded of an ancient form of protection.

We build fortresses or castles to protect what is inside.  Defense is the name of the game.

The psalmist proclaims that God is their fortress.  God is their protector.  Do you believe that God protects you?  Do you seek the protection of God by grounding yourself in scripture daily, by studying the bible with others, by seeking ways to serve God and neighbor, by praying and joining in weekly worship? 

Prayer:  God, I seek your protection and take time in this moment, to unwind from my week, to pause and breathe in deeply your presence.  Guide me today and every day, put a hunger in my soul to know you better.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripture as a guide and not a weapon

Relationship

Faithfulness