Direction



Direction by Pastor Leslie
Daily reading: Psalm 32
July 22, 2015
Day 5 of Hike

Focus scripture: I will instruct you and teach you about the direction you should go.  I’ll advise you and keep my eye on you. Psalm 32:8

Today, Dan and I begin a much longer hike than in the days prior.  When we first contemplated going, I thought about us going in reverse;  getting the two long days out of the way and then having nice shorter days (if you consider walking for 4 hours short) for the end.

But there is a reason that the walk goes from short distances to long distances.  So much of our life is taking small steps so that later we have the strength and energy to take the bigger steps.

We are more open to God’s advice and direction the more we spend time in God’s presence.  Our faith deepens and we are able as mature followers of Christ to do more, to go the distance.

As I walk today my meditation with each step will be on God to advise me forward.
If you have time to take a walk today, as you walk meditate on the phrase “God advise me today.”

If you can’t walk far, do it with slow intentional steps inside your house.  “God advise me today.” 

Take time to journal your insights and write a prayer.

Prayer:  God I seek you, I walk in your light, guide my way, show me the path to take.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scripture as a guide and not a weapon

Relationship

Faithfulness