A Lightened Load



Daily reading: Matthew 11:28-30
July 24, 2015
Day 7, Rest Day

Focus scripture:  Come to me, all you who are struggling hard and carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest.  Put on my yoke, and learn from me.  I’m gentle and humble. And you will find rest for yourselves.” Matthew 11:28-29
We all, at times, carry really heavy loads; maybe not literally on our backs, but with our expectations at work, with school and with our families.  We try and find balance.

The goal of my journey has been to become more deeply rooted in God’s presence, so that when the temptation to take on more than I can handle comes, and it surely will, I will be able to say no.  Or have the insight to let go of something else to address the current need.

It has taken me some time to realize that balance is hard to achieve, but being grounded in God’s spirit even when a storm around me rages is vital to my spiritual and physical health.

Jesus invites us to come and let go of all that we are struggling hard against, to relieve our backs and shoulders from the heavy load we are carrying because his load is light and it allows for us to find rest.

As I travel to Canterbury, England by car I will take time to meditate on what load I carry that God is offering to relieve me of.

Take time today to meditate on the load you carry.  Is there something that needs to be lifted away?

Take time to journal.

Prayer:  God I praise you for your constant care for me.  Guide me today and help to lighten my load.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Grace

The Lost: A story about the older son