Serving Others

This week I am on a mission trip with Disciple Summer Mission in Albuquerque. The devotions from Monday through Friday will mirror the devotions our team will use together.

Daily reading: Romans 12:1-2
June 29, 2015

Focus scripture: So brothers and sisters, because of God's mercies, I encourage you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice that is holy and pleasing to God. Romans 12:1

Eugene Peterson translates the passage this way "So here's what I want you to do, God helping you:  Take your everyday, ordinary life - your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life - and place it before God as an offering."

We are to take every moment in our day and offer it to God.

Take a moment to think about how your actions and words either reflect or do not reflect the presence of God.

In what areas do you struggle?

Prayer:  God I pray that my entire day can be a reflection of your presence in my life.  Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Faithfulness

Grace