Seeking Peace

Daily reading: Matthew 11:28-30
June 3, 2015

Focus scripture: "Come to me, all you who are struggling hard and carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

I need a little peace in my home.

It somewhat goes without saying, since I am a mother to a 9 and 13 year old.  We are getting ready for summer activities and out of town trips, not to mention my sabbatical.  So I feel stressed, stretched and somewhat anxious.

So I try as best as I can each morning to spend time reading my bible and taking time for prayer.  When I don't I find that my day is somewhat off.

In the passage for today Jesus encourages us to put on his yoke and we will find rest.  He says is yoke is easy to bear and the burden is light.

We tend to take on more than we need to take on and that can leave us feeling less than peaceful.

I know that when my children are on each others last nerves, that I don't feel very peaceful.  It usually happens right when I get a chance to finally sit down and rest.  And I find myself thrown into the roll of a referee that has no chance of being liked by either party. (Which really isn't my concern, I just want some PEACE.)

I want to be that peaceful presence in their lives, even when they are far from feeling peaceful.  I want to be that Christ like example for them, that there is another path they can take.

Prayer:  God before I set out for the next task or interaction for my day, I pause and seek your guidance and peace to wash over me.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

Grace

The Lost: A story about the older son