Call on God

Daily reading: Jeremiah 29:11-13
June 6, 2015


Sometimes the scripture speaks for itself:
“I know the plans I have in mind for you,
Declares the LORD;
They are plans for peace, not disaster,
To give you a future filled with hope.
When you call me and come and pray to me,
I will listen to you.
When you search for me, yes, search for me with all your heart,
You will find me.
I will be present for you, declares the LORD, and I will end your captivity.” Jeremiah 29:11-13


While Israel is exiled in Babylon, God speaks words of hope and future peace. God speaks the same words to us. To those who are burdened with their present situation, God offers relief!
Offer to God the things that weigh you down and allow God to take care of them.

Prayer: God I seek you with all of my heart. I pray for your guidance and presence in my life today. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace