Rise Up!



Daily reading: Acts 3:1-10
May 29, 2015

Focus scripture: Peter said, “I don’t have any money, but I will give you what I do have.  In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, rise up and walk!” Acts 3:6

I find the healing passages in scripture to be both comforting and challenging.  I know so many people who have faithfully prayed to be cured of an illness and they were not.  I have also witnessed something powerful happen when people pray for healing and while they may not find a cure, they do find a wonderful supportive community that is present with them supporting them and caring for them during their illness.  I find healing in the community then as they journey with the one who is ailing.

God offers to us a means of healing that might be very different from a cure.  In the passage for today, the crippled man is hoping to receive money at the temple, since he is unable to work.  He asked Peter and John for a gift and Peter through the power of the Holy Spirit was able to give him something money cannot buy.
This gift transformed not just the man’s life but the entire communities. 
Do you believe that God is able to do amazing things in your life?  

Prayer:  Come Holy Spirit Come, open me to your movement today.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praying the psalms with gratitude

The radical act of Communion

Grace